Merry Christmas from Beyond ConflictOur end of year message
Thank you for all you have done to help Beyond Conflict this year. 2019 has been a crucial year for us – raising money and also building the key partnerships that will allow us to start delivering on projects in 2020 that will boost mental health provision in post-conflict zones.
These are some of the achievements of 2019:
• Beyond Conflict has secured a partnership with the world renowned Al Khoei Foundation. We will work together with AKF’s orphan charity, Al Kawthar, to start trauma counselling training in Iraq in 2020 that will help children damaged by war and terrorism.
• BC and Al Kawthar’s training programme will be led by BC’s chief mental health advisor, the Royal College of Psychiatrists’ Deputy Director for International Affairs, Professor Mohammed Al Uzri, together with Annie Shamsie of the Najaf volunteer group of mental health experts.
• BC has raised over £12,000.
• Held our first fundraising dinner at Cumberland Lodge, Windsor.
• Taken part in our first Adidas 10K marathon, raising £2,000
We now have enough money to fund our first Iraq project for one year. All this was achieved by BC with no admin costs. Our website is maintained by the fantastic digital communications company Westgate of Sevenoaks and our legal counsel is provided pro bono by Robert Craig of Howard Kennedy legal firm in London. Thank you to all of you who’ve helped take Beyond Conflict this far.
In 2020 we aim to go live in Iraq with our first project, once the security situation is settled. We are looking at new projects and we aim to raise more money. So watch this space.
And finally, as this year comes to a close, everyone at Beyond Conflict would like to wish our supporters, partners and donors a Happy Christmas and holiday season and every good wish for the New Year.
THE BEYOND CONFLICT TEAM
Registered Charity Number: 1176499